Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Breaking the Silence

I haven't blogged in over a month.

It isn't writer's block, although I do find it difficult to find words in the month of June and much of July. And sometimes even May.

It isn't that I've been busy, although I should be planning an end-of-the-month 6th birthday party with lots of invitations, balloons and a cake. But I'm not.

The "party" will be only for the three of us and there will be streamers and balloons, gifts, lunch out and a special event. And I will smile, laugh and hug my dear daughter. And when I'm alone (hopefully) I'll cry. Some day there may be a real party just like some day there may no longer be flashbacks, nightmares, hyper-vigilance, and fear.

PTSD.

Please learn more about it, because I am not the only one...

Resources about trauma and birth:

Healing the Trauma by Jennifer Jamison Griebenow

ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network)

You Should be Grateful

10 Comments:

Blogger Laureen said...

You go. And thanks for speaking. Nothing gets better until we speak up.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Copies of "You Should Be Grateful" should be handed to moms with their post-op discharge instructions. :-/ Thanks for getting out the word on PTSD.

2:27 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

(((CO)))
Would you please send me your email address? Mine is on my profile page.

And if you email me just to say "No unsolicited advice/referrals, please, been there and done that," that's fine.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Enjoy Birth said...

It took me 7 years. I still have some sadness, but I also have been able to let go of most of it.
Here is a blog post of mine that explained how I let go of some regret I was holding from the experience. http://5rips.typepad.com/growing_baby_3/2006/10/letting_go_of_r.html

3:34 PM  
Blogger Magdalene6127 said...

(((CO)))

I stopped by because you commented on my Friday Five; but I stayed (and clicked the links) to learn about your PTSD.

I am speechless. I knew nothing about this sort of experience. I can only say, I am so very sorry. I hold you and your family in prayer.

Peace,

Mags

9:46 AM  
Blogger RevDrKate said...

I am so glad that you stopped by my blog. I need THIS information to share with my clients. Can't believe there is not more being said about this in the counseling world! Thank you for sharing this truth. Peace and blessings in your healing journey.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Rev SS said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing this important info. Blessings for continued healing for you and those you love and to whom you minister.

11:24 AM  
Blogger ellbee said...

Wow... a beautiful little sprout and quite a burden to carry alongside.

I'm glad I wandered over to meet you on your blog, as I will never think the same way about C-sections. I'm sorry for your pain, and I pray that God will use you in mighty ways to help others heal (and still more people avoid unwittingly inflicting pain).

Hugs to you!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

been there and after 18 yrs the pain is less but still perceptible on occassion. Prayers for peace and blessings :-)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

I had heard of PPD but not about this and I am glad that you and others are breaking the silence. Prayers. Keep speaking out.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home