Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Five: Whatcha doin'?

For the RevGals FridayFive, reverendmother writes:

Well friends, this is one of those weeks when I simply must work today, which is normally my day off. I know, I know. We may tut-tut all we want, but the fact is, some weeks are like that. So, this week's F5 is simple.

Name five things you plan to do today.

Bonus: If today is about "have-to" for you as well, share up to five things you'd like to be doing today.

1. Make homemade tomato soup. Little Sprout found a recipe on VegWeb and asked yesterday if we could make it. I might suggest the recipe from Hallelujah Acres as an alternative.

2. Read. I'm half way through Rich Christians in An Age of Hunger which Usually Darling Hubby has on loan from the pastor. But I think I'll start on one of the 4 library books that will soon be due...just can't decide. Will it be Good Eating (definitely not a cookbook)? Christian Mystics? A New Christianity for a New World? Affirmations of a Dissenter? I'm not sure if those titles reflect my eclectic tastes or denominational confusion. I might just give up and read Curious George. Or have it read to me.

3. Take a walk with Little Sprout.

4. Treasure Hunt. Also known as finding the floor in Little Sprout's room. We'll do this together. It's not safe to go in there alone!

5. Knit a womb. I am serious. I'm making it for a friend for a earthy-birthy kinda thing. Of course, Little Sprout has requested one too. Doesn't every 5 year old little girl want/need one of these?

13 Comments:

Blogger QuakerPastor said...

I'd go with Affirmations...
good luck on the floor finding gig!
QP

9:07 AM  
Blogger Sr. Heather said...

So, will you be knitting a placenta, too? :-)

I remember room-cleaning arguments well from my childhood. When the room would get bad enough that Mom was engaged, she found a great strategy. She would just come in to watch. She'd sit on the bed, silently, making no judgments unless asked. And she would hold the big black garbage bag, into which probably 2/3 of the contents of the room would end up. :-) Nowadays, with my munchkins, I do something similar - I help them sort out the "trash" from the "Goodwill" piles. Good luck!

9:30 AM  
Blogger DogBlogger said...

Knitting a womb... I already shared this with one of my fellow Knitwits, and her response was "ewwww!" Or something like that.

Cub wants to know if Fenway was named after baseball, too. And if he owns an appropriate bandanna like she does.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Whoa. Knitting a womb. OK, my mind immediately jumped to Psalm 139 -- about being knit together in my mother's womb, being fearfully and wonderfully made. Of course, I could be mis-remembering.
=o)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Rich Christians is a great book! In fact, Ron Sider lives down the street from us and is very cool! Happy reading!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

knit a womb- how different!!!

enjoy the soup and the walk, as for the room floor- well I am launching an investigation today to find carpets upstairs- rumour has it they are there!!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

enjoy the soup and the walk- and the knitting(!)

1:19 PM  
Blogger chartreuseova said...

dogblogger,

Yep, Fenway is a baseball doggie too, although his "socks" are a golden, reddish brown rather than true red.

Hubby is a Red Sox fan. Doggie had the reddish "socks" on on his legs. I just liked Cal Ripken & "Oriole" wouldn't fit. The Milwaukee Brewers were losing, losing, and losing and we hadn't discovered the Cubs yet.

And that is how Fenway got his name.

1:30 PM  
Blogger chartreuseova said...

quakerpastor,
thanks for the recommendation. I think that's where I'm starting (It's the smallest).

hedwyg,
Nope, I'm skipping the placenta. But I am sure there are instructions for knitting one on the internet.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: books, I'd go with Curious George :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Pink Shoes said...

Mmmmmm.... soup.

We have a dog in our extended family named after Cal Ripken (Callie)!

2:56 PM  
Blogger revhipchick said...

LOVE the womb! i think it's awesome!

very very cool!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

finding the floor... wait, that's a flat surface = filing cabinet??

d

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home