Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Five: The Whole Tooth

And nothing but the tooth!

For the RevGals Friday Five, reverendmother writes:
Cheesehead and I are both laid up this week with various tooth maladies. This one's in honor of us:

1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices? Or, do you go
a) faithfully, as long as you have insurance, or
b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not, or
c) dentist? what is this "dentist" thing you speak of?

I was c) until my late twenties. When I finally went to the dentist, he wanted to know why I finally decided to show up. I said, "I figured my luck was going to run out soon." Now I aspire to be b) but I'm probably moving back to c).

2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
Three months after that first dentist appointment, I had my wisdom teeth removed. All three of them. Seems I was low on luck and teeth.

3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
I gave up ice. I don't eat lots of sugary foods. Perhaps it would be tea or coffee that can stain.

4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
Just the wisdom teeth removed under general. It wasn't too bad. But I've had other kinds of surgery that were horrific, so I guess I can still commiserate.

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than _________________."
go to the hospital for anything. I trust dentists just a bit more than medical doctors.

Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
No, but at my last visit several years ago, she did recommend flossing more often.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

well played....the wisdom tooth thing seems to be a common experience!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Actually having less than 4 wisdom teeth is a sign of our changing mouths. Seems every generation is born with less teeth and smaller jaw size. Though the upper jaw is shrinking at a different rate than the lower, which is why there's so much more TMJ nowadays. (took a physical anthropology class for fun once)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Maria Tafoya said...

And they say there's no such thing as evolution. Hmm.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Wow. Now I can blame TMJ on evolution not stress :-)...

7:21 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

It's been mildly intriguing to me today, as I've read so many entries, how many of us were born with less than a full complement of wisdom teeth. I never knew that was so common. And certainly it has nothing to do with our level of wisdom. :)

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home