Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Five: It's My Party

Happy Birthday Songbird!

Songbird writes:
I hate to say it, but over the years I've been to too many parties where I, or the birthday child, has felt much like the chorus of Lesley Gore's old tune. I am therefore not the biggest fan of birthday parties.

For this Friday (which happens to be my birthday), tell us these five things about parties, birthday or otherwise.

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?

I'd like to pick neither. If I must choose, let me be a guest who escapes early.

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?

No and No. Usually Darling Hubby will start scurrying the minute guests leave. And despite his looks that are intended to make me feel guilty, I must have recovery time before I will even think about cleaning.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?

I couldn't come up with a good answer for this. Unless it's the Disappearing Hostess Mystery party. I'd invite people I know, but don't know each other. At the party, I'd welcome everyone and make introductions. Then the good part comes. I leave and everyone can get to know one another and speculate on my new undisclosed location.

Since I've become so bad at parties, I asked Little Sprout for her party idea. She said a "book party". I thought she meant everyone would dress up as their favorite character. Nope, I was wrong. She said, "Everyone would bring a book to read."

What a party animal!

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?

It wasn't actually at a party, but party/celebration related. The anniversary of that day still is traumatic, especially because people expect me to celebrate with a party.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?

My 5th or 6th birthday party. It was a total surprise. And there is a photo somewhere that captured the surprise as I entered the house. It was just the standard party in our family. Cake. The Song. Lots of cousins. Some forgettable gifts. But I still remember the surprise and joy.


6 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I'm not keen on parties either- they often leave me exhausted and grumpy! :-)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

You need a party intervention! There's so much fun out there you're missing!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Queen Mum said...

My SuperGirl and I will come to the book party you and Little Sprout throw. We'll be very quiet, we promise!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

I hear you! I hear you! I'm not a party person and they often cause me a lot of anxiety. I'm "working on it."

3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, co!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I tagged you for a meme. See my place.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home