Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Five: Rivers in the Desert

Songbird writes for the RevGals Friday Five:

I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19, NRSV

As we near the end of the long journey toward Easter, a busy time for pastors and layfolk alike, I ponder the words of Isaiah and the relief and refreshment of a river in the desert.

For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert.

My favorite rivers are people (and one furry critter who thinks he's person).

1. Meeting new people. Some who share my interests and faith beliefs. Some who are very different from me. I think I learn more about myself as I learn more about others.

2. Fun with Little Sprout. Rediscovering joy daily.

3. Sharing a journey. Encouragement, comfort, strength, respect, and love.

4. Fenway. That would be the four-legged one not the baseball stadium. God loves me. Fenway loves me. I smile and in this moment, all is right with the world.

5. Being alone. I like spending time with just me. Or just me and God.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Being alone can be a rare commodity! Once upon a time I didn't like it, and then I came to appreciate it very much.
Thanks for sharing your rivers.

8:12 AM  
Blogger DogBlogger said...

Hooray for Fenway!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oh yes...I could have said spending time alone. I really need that too! And the four legged friends and the human friends...good play! Thanks for sharing!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

so glad fun with little sprout made your list- I miss my " little ones" now they are grown!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yes, we loves our furry kids too.
(o)
deb

11:56 AM  
Blogger Tiria the Shadow Princess said...

Merrrrroooo...
Yes, we love and love to be loved...

Tiria
The Shadow Princess

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sr. Heather said...

Great list! I think this one really brings us all together. All the "me too" comments are making me smile.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

You sound like a very well balanced, fine person meeting new people AND being alone. That's so cool.

#2 - with ya all the way.

Thanks.

2:14 PM  
Blogger revhipchick said...

wonderful play!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Fenway of whom you speak sounds very familiar!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home