Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Five: Matters of Taste

For the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five, Songbird writes:

My mother loved figs.

I only like them in a Newton.

It's all a matter of taste.

Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like. This could be food, movies, hobbies, music, sports or whatever springs to mind.


1. Peanut Butter and Green Olive Sandwiches...and maybe even add a bit of ketchup. Okay, I've yet to find anyone who shares my delight in these "treats". Little Sprout doesn't like peanut butter but she does enjoy olives and pickles, with mayonnaise not ketchup.

2. Driving. I don't mind driving long distances. In fact I tend to become obsessed with plotting the course (which always subject to change) and tracking progress. My husband would rather fly. I don't mind flying, but I hate navigating airports and being stuck on planes going nowhere, waiting to be cleared for take-off. Little Sprout enjoys traveling with me...although I think it's more about staying in a new motel each night than about the driving.

3. To create words or use nouns as verbs or other inappropriate uses of the English language. Drives Usually Darling Hubby (UDH) crazy. He's given up on correcting me or my grammar, unless consulted. He does share my love of the game Balderdash.

4. Recipe books. Most people don't seem to understand the appeal of reading a recipe book from front to back, if I'm not actually selecting one to prepare.

5. Sweating. I'm not a gym-joiner (see #3) and the last 5K I completed was a walk for charity, nothing competitive. But give me a sidewalk and an hour or two on one of the "coolest" steamy evenings of August in Wisconsin & I'm in heaven. I guess it isn't just limited to exercise. On the first warm/hot (depending on whether you ask me or UDH) day of spring/summer we begin the thermostat wars. He wants to turn on the air conditioner and I want to wait til it gets about 10 degrees warmer. In the fall/winter we switch roles...my fingers are cold and numb as I type this.

5 Comments:

Blogger LutheranChik said...

I LOVE reading cookbooks cover to cover! Even ones without photographs! So I'm not the only one...yes! [stabbing fist in air]

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

hmmm interesting sandwich- have you ever found that in a cookery book???

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a driver, and I hate hot weather!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that kind of word play!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

My partner and I are going to try the sandwich. I'll keep you posted. (my beloved turned me on to her fave, PB and cheese, mmmmm.)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home