Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A More Perfect Union?

Little Sprout has been sick and I haven't felt much like blogging. But I have been catching up on a few blogs I read. I just read Threads from Henry's Web and it got me thinking and remembering.

I remember being a teen (many years ago) and being involved in a, ummm, discussion. A debate? An argument?

My brother and I were in the typical rebel phase and telling our dad that within our lifetime Russia would no longer be a communist state and what he thought of as a democracy of the people and for the people with rights and protections would look very different in the future.
He didn't buy it. It wasn't going to happen. Looking back I can envision him sticking his fingers in his ears and singing "La, La, La, I can't hear you". But actually he just got very angry. Even today, he still chooses not to see it happening.

The future has arrived, because too many have been standing around with eyes tightly closed and with fingers in ears, singing "La, La, La, I can't hear you, everything looks fine". And those who are proclaiming that the emperor has no clothes are often silenced by whatever means necessary.

Please Watch Your Step as you exit...there are shards of the Constitution and over 3,000 dead Americian bodies to step over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home