Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, December 01, 2006

Advent Adventures

Thanks to Songbird for the RevGals Friday Five:

1) Do you observe Advent in your church?

No, yes, no, yes....
No, the community church (Assemblies of God) I currently attend does not. But I loved Advent as a child in the United Methodist church and then it disappeared from the calendar when I attended a Congregational Methodist Church with my parents. I rediscovered it in the Roman Catholic church before my marriage & child and again it disappeared when our family found our current church home. I miss it.

2) How about at home?
I am trying to teach Little Sprout about Advent and start the tradition this year. She likes candles...but for her it is still less about Advent and more about how long till presents.

3) Do you have a favorite Advent text or hymn?
No, I can't say I do. Any suggestions?

4) Why is one of the candles in the Advent wreath pink? (You may tell the truth, but I'll like your answer better if it's funny.)
Because a newborn baby is pink. Can I get a collective, "aaaahhhhh, that is so sweet". Now what I can't figure out is why the others are purple? Didn't someone consult an interior decorator before choosing the color scheme?

5) What's the funniest/kitschiest Advent calendar you've ever seen?
Not really funny or kitschy, but it did catch my eye. I found The Tea Advent Calendar, which is not really a calendar at all. It's a box of 24 different teas...I wonder if there is such a thing as the Coffee Advent Calendar?

10 Comments:

Blogger Magdalene6127 said...

Oooh. I want the tea and/ or coffee Advent calendars!!!

Well-played, CO!

Mags

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If there is a coffee Advent calendar, I wish someone would get it for me!

9:21 AM  
Blogger revhipchick said...

ooh, love the coffee advent calendar idea!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Maria Tafoya said...

Maybe we need to check at Starbucks - if anyone has a coffee Advent calendar they would.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like the tea calendar!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, coffee. i like that.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Starbucks has a coffee Advent calendar!
deb

5:01 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Ooh the tea advent calender gets my vote!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I snorted.
Got to be a coffee advent calendar somewhere.

And yes ahh it is so sweet.
I am with you, where is the interior decorator?

1:41 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

Starbucks' Advent calendar has chocolate in it! :-(
No, chocolate doesn't usually make me frown. But the coffee Advent calendar is such a great idea, I was hoping to come up with one...

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home