Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Life at Warp Speed

Grump, Grump, Grump.

Is Christmas not about Peace, Love, Joy, Light, family, and Jesus any more?

I look around and I see very little of that...just lots of blur of meaningless activity.

I came across this link in my inbox today. It seems to reflect the frenzy.

So if you haven't checked, Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" off your holiday must do list yet, here's your opportunity.

And it only takes 30 seconds...leaving lots more time for the dash to the mall and all that other necessary Christmas stuff.

Perhaps I'm anti-Christmas. I wonder if we wouldn't show more respect for the birth of our Lord if we deleted the Christmas holiday hoopla & show from our secular and church calendars.

I long to simply gaze into the eyes of a newborn child who came to earth just for me...and just for you. If there is time for anything more than that, fine. If not, that is all I need, all I want. And I suspect all that God requests.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just sorry.

My DH watched a NetFlix DVD of Saturday Night Live Christmas episodes, which included a parody of IAWL where the last scene (at the end, everyone from the Bailey's community celebration) is extended to the whole group going over to beat Old Mr. Mean Potter up.

GROSS. He was really disturbed by it.

And as he told me about it, I was wondering the same thing...am I crankier as I get older? Would that have been funny to me in my 20's?

If so, I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

Smartypants don't fit anymore.

I'm putting on my Jesus pants! :)

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home