Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, November 24, 2006

Sleeping Late on Black Friday

The Black Friday Five from the RevGalsBlogPals

1. Would you ever/have you ever stood in line for something--tickets, good deals on electronics, Tickle Me Elmo?

Never have and probably never will. Otherwise I would likely end up in the group I malign in question #5.

2. Do you enjoy shopping as a recreational activity?

Sometimes when I'm on vacation and there are no "to do" lists to complete, but otherwise no.

3. Your favorite place to browse without necessarily buying anything.

Yard sales & craft fairs. Although not as much fun lately, because my 5 year old yard sale buddy thinks you can not leave without some new treasure in hand.

4. Gift cards: handy gifts for the loved one who has everything, or cold impersonal symbol of all that is wrong in our culture?

Both. Also the potentially perfect gift for those who never like any of the gifts you give them. Now I'm wondering why I beat my head against the gift giving wall for so many years when I could've just given my now-deceased mother a gift card...oh yeah I know why.

5. Discuss the spiritual and theological issues inherent in people coming to blows over a Playstation 3.

"For all have sinned..." came to mind. And some of us just do so with more stupidity than others.

I asked Little Sprout this one. Her response was "They shouldn't do that, it is just a game!"

That leaves me to wonder. What if it's not just a game, but something REALLY important like that very expensive, non-imaginative, techno toy that Little Sprout wants (but won't be getting for a variety of reasons) or the small kitchen appliance usually darling husband has been coveting, or whatever that thing is that I'll decide I can't live without?

That's why I sleep in on Black Friday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good thinking!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Maria Tafoya said...

Yes, good thinking indeed.

2:27 PM  
Blogger The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

Sleep more, save more

10:43 PM  
Blogger revhipchick said...

sleep is delightful!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Nina Reeder said...

Oh, wait until you go to Trader Joe's. Indeed, there will be cross words and perhaps people coming to blows over the vegenaise. Amazing, huh!

12:42 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

I slept in too!
(o)

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home