Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, October 20, 2006

Word Association

Another Friday Five from the RevGals.

Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story. (Yes, they're all from Job 38.)


whirlwind: Little Sprout! One seed of good and beauty that grew among the ashes.

foundation: Faith. Without faith, my life would have crumbled to dust many times.

lightning: September 2000 when I was standing in my kitchen & the house seemed to explode around me. It was not a devastating loss, but merely a sign that all hell was about to break loose...and not just figuratively.

den: Pryde. (That word will be meaningless to all but those closest to me) It was Pride, too. And some loss of Faith as I was pushed into the Lion's den. Unlike Daniel I did not walk out unscarred.

prey: Fear. I've known the fear of the hunted and how it feels to look into the eyes of the one about to slash your body and attempt to kill your soul.


By the time I reached the word "den", I realized the words are also all from the book of Chartreuseova 40-42. Difficult chapters to read. Very difficult to have lived.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, a nerve touched. My life has one of those sections, too, and I sympathize.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I guess a few of us have been there - many blessings!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home