Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, September 22, 2006

Good Googley!

I find things on the internet. I enjoy it. Perhaps you might call it a hobby. Or maybe it is an obsession.

I've tracked down old stuff like historical facts, genealogies and friends I haven't talked to in years.

I find new stuff about technology, the latest research and the even newer critiques that question its validity for faulty research or statistical techniques.

I dig up really obscure info about topics only a few of us in the world seem to care about. I can find info on birthing with a Russian speaking midwife in the black sea and how to make vegetarian scrapple. Although I haven't found the name or artist of the Christian contemporary song that sounds much like Britney Spear's "Oops I Did It Again", I'm sure I will someday when I finally figure out the correct google phrase to unlock that bit of non-essential info. Or maybe someone will send me that info and I can move on to searching for some other useless bit of info.

I find important, mind-bending, eye-opening information on the web. I was googling for "women ministry" when I discovered the RevGalsBlogPals and many of the blogs in the ring. That discovery led me to many other google searches. Google opens so many doors!

So this morning I was thinking about the word "humanity", what it really means and it's origins. I guess I could have just gone to an online dictionary but instead I decided to google it.

My search was for: humanity definition roots.

The first page came onto my screen. It included:

terrorism
exorcism
philosophy of war
crimes against humanity
sinfulness of humanity
pain & psychosis from the rape of humanity
history of science fiction

Obviously not what I was seeking and I need to rethink my search. The results are still quite enlightening. Does google define our culture? No, but I think it provides a glimpse into our collective thought and word patterns.

What has become of humanity?

If I can't find it on google, is there hope that we can find it in our world?

1 Comments:

Blogger hip2b said...

Great googley moogley, thats a tough question.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home