Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, October 06, 2006

Vote for Honest Egg!

It's that season of the year when lawn signs are sprouting as surely as flowers in the spring; elections are just around the corner.
It's Friday Five time.

At first I thought it was neat to see some of the signs have our last name on them. Now I just get annoyed because everywhere I go and need to give my name, I get "the question". NO! A thousand times NO! We are not related. Yes, I'm sure. Do I have to pull out the genealogy forms?

1) How old were you when you voted for the first time?
Well...I don't remember. Really! There seems to be a few missing minutes on the memorex tape.

2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me. It might have been Carter/Reagan. I see scandal brewing...someone will put together that I can not be 32 AND have voted in that election. OK, I change my story, I was in Alabama and I...oh nevermind.

3) Can you walk to your polling place?
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'walk' is. I could, but maybe I didn't and won't.

4) Have you ever run for public office?
Nope, but based on answers 1,2, & 3; perhaps I should consider it. And I already have a great slogan (see title of post).

5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board?
I'm a proud past president of my local 4-H club. I also held many other offices except treasurer...why didn't they trust me with the money?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe because of 1, 2 and 3? ;-)
Thanks for playing!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Carolanne said...

So, voting is not compulsory in the US? Here in Australia, we have to be enrolled to vote at 18 years of age and if we're not... and we get caught, we get fined.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home