Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Mother's Prayer

Little Sprout had a play date with a friend. So as girls play, moms chat. This other mother and I are so different in our lives, priorities, parenting, and some of our beliefs. Yet we are so much alike just because we are mothers who struggle with the title, the responsibility, the mission.

My mind drifts to other mothers around the globe today. I envision each one so clearly.

The mother half way around the world wondering if this will be the day that hunger's cruel hand will snatch her little one away. And I ask, "why Lord?"

The mother half way across the country who awaits the return of her soldier-child so she can place a single rose and a pool of tears onto a box of steel. And I ask, "why Lord?"

The mother half way across the state that lies at rest while her much loved child lies restlessly in a jail cell. And I ask, "why Lord?"

The mother half way across the city who is staring at the signature line on a consent form. And I ask, "why Lord?"

And all the mothers whose voices join mine in this simple pleading prayer, "why Lord?"

Lord hear our prayer.

1 Comments:

Blogger hip2b said...

Amen

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home