Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Another Reason to Avoid Fast Food

First some background info about me:
  • I have a six year old daughter.
  • I do not wear makeup.
  • I do not color my hair. It has enough gray sprinkled in to be noticeable but you can definitely tell the original color.
  • I haven't been sleeping well this week so I may look tired. Still I don't have any noticeable wrinkles.
  • I have another birthday coming up in about 3 weeks. But I won't be fifty for two more years!
Today included a trip to the park to practice for Little Sprout's first DuRunRun, a bike/run event to raise money for Special Olympics. After that we were headed to the library, but I decided to stop for one of those cheery kids meals to replace some of the calories Little Sprout had expended on the loop around the park. I ordered from the dollar menu. A small soft drink.

She ate most of her meal. I snitched a few fries. I looked down at the receipt.
I still can barely believe what I read:

SNR soft drink $ .49

I'm pretty sure that does not stand for Sexy Neighborhood Resident...

So I saved 51 cents and lost all the self-esteem I had been able to collect this morning.




2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Oh man! I'm sure to the cashier anyone over 30 is a senior!

9:49 AM  
Blogger chartreuseova said...

Iris,
It might have been easier to take if the cashier had been 16, but unfortunately the "young man" was probably over 60 himself.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home