Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Unfinished Dream

Christine of Abbey of the Arts always opens my soul with her words and art. Recently she posted an Invitation to Poetry: Freedom. Go see and enjoy! I read it a few days ago, but I am not a poet. Still the artwork floated in the back of my mind and this morning I awoke to these words:

Unfinished Dream

It's just a bird in a cage.
That's the way things have always been.

It's just a few dogs.
Look away, there is no real crime here.

It's just a woman.
How dare she expect anything more.

It's just one of those people.
They don't belong, why should we care?

It's just a bird.
But I reached out and opened the door.

And then I saw,
It was not just a bird.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the kind words, I love the fact that the image lingered for you and inspired such lovely words. It is really a very moving poem, thank you for sharing it.

10:39 AM  
Blogger zorra said...

Beautiful and strong. Thanks.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home