Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Friday, August 17, 2007

If It's Friday

It's gotta be the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five!

Reverend Mother writes:
This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita:

Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.
1. Vineyard: Martha Redbone
Also got me to thinking about Neil Diamond and later maybe a glass of ...

2. Root: Tori Amos (Ruby Through The Looking Glass)

3. Rescue: Gotta be Aretha!

4. Perseverance: Talia Applebaum
(Shhhh! Don't tell anyone that David Soul actually popped into my mind first but didn't fit the word as well. )

5. Divided: The Grass Roots (now I'll be singing this all day today)

8 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Wow... musical responses, very creative! I like it.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Rev SS said...

very clever!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Hot Cup Lutheran said...

you are one musical person... I did think of "root" as in "root - root - root for the home team" and the Chicago Cubs and all that jazz... but then in my morning fog wondered if the word was root or cheer? hmm...

12:13 PM  
Blogger 1-4 Grace said...

Great music chocies.
I stopped by to visit then saw the cookie thign, so I had to do it and then now i am back.
By the way, I am a black and white cookie too!
Conflcited? Sounds like it to me.
Also, a bit ADHD today as well!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought I was the only one who owned Grass Roots albums!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Well you seem far too young to remember the Grassroots!!

Good music choices.

5:16 PM  
Blogger chartreuseova said...

Kievas,
I don't have the album, but I could borrow UDH's.

Presbyterian Gal,
Don't let the Little Sprout fool you...I'm more than old enough to remember the Grass Roots.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Talia Applebaum said...

Thank You for including my CD link in your blog!


Talia Applebaum

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home