Chartreuse Ova

scrambled lamentations, psalms, parables and ramblings of a Christian mommy

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Art for Advent: Just a Little Ruff


Christine at Abbey of the Arts has committed to Art for Advent. I've linked to one of her most recent creations, but be sure to go back through her blog to enjoy some earlier works.

She is using prints of some older family photos as the centerpiece for many of her works. I thought I'd do something similar. Reconnect with family roots, move beyond boundaries in the creative process, grow spiritually during this season. I envisioned photos and canvas, maybe some paint. Real Art.

Ahhh, yeah. That was the plan.

During photo sorting with Little Sprout, the project veered off in a new direction when we found my stash of fabrics. It's still about family, exploring new creative outlets, and growing spiritually. But it's just a little rough around the edges...or I should say Ruff!

We had lots of laughs creating this little guy in a somewhat folk art style and the only rule was that we would only use supplies we already had.

I'm not sure what's next for Art for Advent...there's still that box of photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dianna Woolley said...

Dear CO - veering off the plan is a part of life with our beloved babies - enjoy the veer, they're not babies for long and the laughs and love nurture you both! SS

5:06 PM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

LOL! Cute...

1:33 PM  
Blogger heartberry said...

Dear CO,

You have been busy on your blog! It looks great!

Just wanted to follow up on a comment you left at heartberrypatch-work last December 19th regarding theophostics. I've posted a summary of my year long journey.

Merry Christmas!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home